How You Can Help
College Mentors for Kids is thankful to have many generous supporters.
Our donors come from all walks of life and from all parts of the country, but they share a common desire to create a brighter future for their community. They are doing this by investing in our mentoring program which has been proven to mold college students into compassionate leaders and help kids succeed.
When you make a gift to College Mentors for Kids, your support drives the impact on both 1st-6th graders and college student volunteers. Our dual-impact program provides donors with a unique way to double the impact of their gift. Through the program, children gain self-esteem, a broader view of the world, increased interest in school, and they begin to develop a career path for their future.
Concurrently, college student volunteers learn about local community needs, develop empathy for others, and connect to peers on campus they may not have met otherwise. Because our collegiate chapters are campus-based and college student-led, college student volunteers expand their leadership, management, and communication skills.
Giving to College Mentors for Kids is a “life changer”: changing the lives of both children and college students. We thank our donors for investing wisely in College Mentors for Kids.
Our supporters come from all walks of life and from all parts of the country, but they share a common desire to create a brighter future for their community. They are doing this by investing in our mentoring program which has been proven to mold college students into compassionate leaders and help kids succeed.
College Mentors for Kids offers customizable chapter sponsorship opportunities year-round through our activity programming, at an individual chapter located in one of our 10 states (IL, IN, KY, MI, MD, MO, NC, NY, OH, & VA). For more detailed information on partner sponsorships, check out the partnership guide – Chapter Sponsorship PDF.
College Mentors is thankful to have the generous support of so many wonderful partners!
Interested in learning about partnership opportunities?
Corporate, Foundation, and Government Partners
The Ackerman Foundation, American Electric Power Foundation, American Honda Foundation, Ball Brothers Foundation, CareSource Foundation, Center for Evidence Based Mentoring at UMass Boston, CLA Foundation, Community Foundation of Muncie and Delaware County, Corteva Agriscience, Dr. Scholl Foundation, Eskenazi Health, Express Scripts Foundation, Fifth Third Bank, First Presbyterian Church Muncie, George and Frances Ball Foundation, Harry C. Moores Foundation, The Hearst Foundations, Honda Manufacturing of Indiana, *Hylant Family Foundation, Hylant Group, The Indianapolis Foundation, a CICF Affiliate, Indianapolis Power & Light Company, Ingram-White Castle Foundation
The J. Ray and Lillian W. Waller Fund of The Columbus Foundation, John W. Anderson Foundation, Kroger, Lacy Foundation, *Lilly Endowment Inc., Madison County Community Foundation, Inc., Margaret A. Cargill Foundation, Marian University Klipsch Educator’s College, The Mary E. Ober Foundation, Inc, The Michael L. Smith and Susan L. Smith Fund, a fund of Hamilton County Community Foundation, *Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust, Pacers Foundation, Inc, Reis Nichols Jewelers, Samerian Foundation, The Settlement Fund of The Columbus Foundation, Sherck, Hussey, Johnson & McNaughton, LLC, Social Legends
The TJX Foundation, Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Kentucky, Triad Foundation Union Pacific Foundation, *US Department of Office of Juvenile and Delinquency Prevention, Van Riper Woodard Foundation, Vectren Foundation, *Verizon
*Denotes multi-year gifts
Other Ways You Can Help
Community members can help support our hard-working college students by raising awareness and funds to help us serve more youth. Check out the list below to see ways you can fundraise!
- Donate your birthday! It’s easy to set-up a birthday fundraiser through Facebook.
- Host a give-back night at a restaurant. Chipotle, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Chik-Fil-A are just a few places that participate in give-back nights!
- Participate in a virtual race and fundraise for College Mentors! We can help you set-up a fundraising page. Contact Shelley for more information on how to get started.
- Host a trivia night at a local bar or restaurant and have proceeds donated to College Mentors for Kids. You’ll get to show off your knowledge while supporting mentoring!
- Set-up a fundraiser through our platform, Qgiv, and simply fundraise for the kids! Associate Director of Operations, Lexi, can help you create a page.
- Support us through AmazonSmile! Sign up and choose College Mentors for Kids to donate 0.5% of the price.
- Give now! Just $30 supports a day of mentoring.
- Did you know you can support College Mentors in your community just by shopping at Kroger? It’s easy when you enroll in Kroger Community Rewards®!