How You Can Help
College Mentors for Kids is thankful to have many generous supporters.
Our donors come from all walks of life and from all parts of the country, but they share a common desire to create a brighter future for their community. They are doing this by investing in our mentoring program which has been proven to mold college students into compassionate leaders and help kids succeed.
When you make a gift to College Mentors for Kids, your support drives the impact on both 1st-6th graders and college student volunteers. Our dual-impact program provides donors with a unique way to double the impact of their gift. Through the program, children gain self-esteem, a broader view of the world, increased interest in school, and they begin to develop a career path for their future.
Concurrently, college student volunteers learn about local community needs, develop empathy for others, and connect to peers on campus they may not have met otherwise. Because our collegiate chapters are campus-based and college student-led, college student volunteers expand their leadership, management, and communication skills.
Giving to College Mentors for Kids is a “life changer”: changing the lives of both children and college students. We thank our donors for investing wisely in College Mentors for Kids.
Other Ways You Can Help
Community members can help support our hard-working college students by raising awareness and funds to help us serve more youth. Check out the list below to see ways you can fundraise!
- Donate your birthday! It’s easy to set-up a birthday fundraiser through Facebook.
- Host a give-back night at a restaurant. Chipotle, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Chik-Fil-A are just a few places that participate in give-back nights!
- Participate in a virtual race and fundraise for College Mentors! We can help you set-up a fundraising page. Contact Shelley for more information on how to get started.
- Host a trivia night at a local bar or restaurant and have proceeds donated to College Mentors for Kids. You’ll get to show off your knowledge while supporting mentoring!
- Set-up a fundraiser through our platform, Qgiv, and simply fundraise for the kids! Associate Director of Operations Michelle Moore can help you create a page.
- Give now! Just $30 supports a day of mentoring.
- Did you know you can support College Mentors in your community just by shopping at Kroger? It’s easy when you enroll in Kroger Community Rewards®!