Mentoring transforms lives: we connect kids to college students through weekly on-campus activities that inspire growth, confidence, and brighter futures.Read More
- All collegiate chapters are college student-run.
- We combine mentoring with structured activities.
- Activities take place on campus.
- Children are exposed to higher education, first-hand, at a young age when habits are still forming.
- We have a dual impact on children and college student volunteers.
- A big impact: 2,700+ kids are matched with college student mentors
- A proven model: 20+ years of mentoring kids
- A leadership program: 300+ college students trained to be chapter leaders
- A growing footprint: 32 chapters in 9 states and counting
- Our college students are volunteering over 90,000 hours of mentoring
Over 20 years ago, two college student friends at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana had a dream of inspiring and building brighter futures for children. In 1996 they started pilot programs at Indiana University and Butler University, pairing mentors with 33 local kids. They officially opened their doors as...
College Mentors for Kids is thankful to have many generous supporters. Our donors
come from all walks of life and from all parts of the country, but they share a common
desire to create a brighter future for their community.
We are always looking for potential sites for new chapters. Starting a chapter of College Mentors for Kids can be initiated by anyone in the community, but are most often started by college student leaders or university administrators.
Our alumni are individuals who understand first-hand the power mentoring has to transform lives. Our alumni have given so much to College Mentors, and we want to continue to give back to them.
Inspire Awards Recipient
Congratulations to the 2020 Inspire Award Recipients! These individuals and organizations have changed the lives of many people and are excellent examples of the power of mentoring.
College mentors makes lasting change for kids and college student volunteers We are making a difference. Children in the program feel more confident about themselves. They are thinking about future careers and higher education while still in elementary school. And our college student mentors are developing a sense of...