As a reminder that the Holiday Season is about Giving Back, #GivingTuesday was started in 2012 by the 92nd Street Y and the United Nations Foundation. On the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, the whole world is encouraged to give. This effort harnesses the collective power of a unique blend of partners — charities, families, businesses, and individuals — to transform how people think about, talk about, and participate in the giving season.
Last #GivingTuesday, we raised over $44,000 for the kids! We appreciate our volunteers, partners, and supporters who help make our program possible.
HOW CAN YOU HELP College Mentors This #GIVINGTUESDAY?
- Follow College Mentors on Twitter and like us on Facebook to share our #GivingTuesday posts!
- Send us the reasons that you support College Mentors along with a photo!
- Fill out a flier to tell us how mentoring transforms lives and post a photo of you holding it on social media on #GivingTuesday
- Host a fundraiser on Facebook to help us raise money on #GivingTuesday.
- Become a #GivingTuesday advocate to help us take #GivingTuesday to the next level!
- Make your #GivingTuesday donation!