As a reminder that the Holiday Season is about Giving Back, #GivingTuesday was started in 2012 by the 92nd Street Y and the United Nations Foundation. On the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, the whole world is encouraged to give. This effort harnesses the collective power of a unique blend of partners — charities, families, businesses, and individuals — to transform how people think about, talk about, and participate in the giving season.
Whats our Goal?
This #GivingTuesday, we want to kick off our goal through the end of the year to collectively raise
enough money to fund 2,500 hours of mentoring. One hour of mentoring only costs $20! ALL online
donations to College Mentors for Kids, including those received on our main website, Facebook, and
through chapter, committee, and board fundraising teams, count toward this goal.
HOW CAN YOU HELP College Mentors This #GIVINGTUESDAY?
- Follow College Mentors on Twitter and like us on Facebook to share our #GivingTuesday posts!
- Send us the reasons that you support College Mentors along with a photo!
- Fill out a flier to tell us how mentoring transforms lives and post a photo of you holding it on social media on #GivingTuesday
- Host a fundraiser on Facebook to help us raise money on #GivingTuesday.
- Become a #GivingTuesday advocate to help us take #GivingTuesday to the next level!
- Make your #GivingTuesday donation!